Save the Displaced American History Teacher from Homelessness

Monday, August 30, 2010

5 things I have to have

I use to think it was crazy to prepare for the end of the world. There have always been some sort of doomsday group or another that tried to scare people into repenting for sins and what not. As I get older and see the types of shows on Discovery and NatGeo about survival in cities and in the wilderness, it makes me wonder if there is something we should be a little concerned about. If we no longer had our technology and comfort, how would we survive as a population?

My question today is: What are the 5 things you would HAVE to have if technology and civilization broke down? (Remember these things would need to be portable in case you needed to move around)

5 things I have to have:

1-A really good pair of shoes
2-Charcoal/sand for water filtration
3-Case of matches or lighters
4-Big sturdy backpack 
5-Good set of knives/tools

Your turn:

5 things I have to have:

1 comment:

  1. 1-Scrabble... I LOVE IT!
    2-My feast set from SCA...has all of my basic dining needs (silverware, bowls, plate, cup... and compact
    3-Needle and several spools of thread...I can pretty much make clothing out of anything
    4-My herbal book...need to make my own meds and such
    5-a horse.... for long journeys

    ReplyDelete