Save the Displaced American History Teacher from Homelessness

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's for your own good

Why is it that whenever someone says, "It's for your own good", the situation is pretty awful for you? I heard that phrase so many times it could make my head spin. I guess some of the times it can be true but for the most part the only thing it does for me is make me never want to do that task again.

Perfect example: My mother use to give me Cod Liver Oil, EVERYDAY. Not in a pill form but a spoon full of the horrible stuff. She then learned about the wonders of garlic and decided I needed that too. By then they began making the liquid gel pills. Every morning I would have to take a cod liver oil and a garlic liquid gel pill. All day long I burped but garlicky fish. My mother always said, "It's for your own good". The only thing that experience taught me was to hate fish. I can't touch the stuff. The smell and taste is horrible to me.

Now it's your turn. When was this ever said to you and the outcome was less than good for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment